“Taste of Travel with #DeltaAmexBlue” Social Media Contest
Sponsored by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Delta Air Lines’ “Taste of Travel #DeltaAmexBlue” contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Territories and Possessions). Participants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry and have an Instagram account or Twitter account to be eligible. Establishing an account is free. All applicable terms apply. The winner of the contest must be a SkyMiles Member and the guest(s) of the Winner must also be a SkyMiles Member(s). Becoming a SkyMiles Member is free. Join at Delta.com/enroll. Employees, officers and directors of Delta Air Lines, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., Jackson Spalding, Inc. and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, and law firms (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members of any such employee, officer or director, and any person residing in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, un-married partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited by law. Individuals who are elected officials and individuals listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Contest, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements, and enters the Contest, agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Contest.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, Sept. 7, 2017 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified The clocks used by Instagram and Twitter marked on time of entry will be the official clock for the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest:
During the Promotion Period, log in to your Instagram account and submit a post that includes one (1) original photo and caption that represents why you and your best friend(s) deserve the ultimate getaway trip to dine your way around Nashville, TN, and use hashtags “#Contest”, and “#DeltaAmexBlue” to receive one (1) entry into the Contest (“Entry”). You may enter as many times as you like, provided each entry is substantially different from any other Entry submitted by you. Entries that do not include both hashtags “#Contest” and “#DeltaAmexBlue” will be void. Entries must contain all information requested and comply with all Entry Requirements set forth herein and below to be eligible. In order for your Entry to be eligible, your Instagram profile must be “public” and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. Entrant must be following both @Delta and @AmericanExpress on Instagram.
During the Promotion Period, post a tweet that includes (1) original photo that represents why you and your best friend(s) deserve the ultimate getaway trip to dine your way around Nashville, TN. Post must include the hashtags “#Contest”, and “#DeltaAmexBlue” to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. You may enter as many times as you like, provided each entry is substantially different from any other Entry submitted by you or any other entrant. Entries that do not include the hashtags “#Contest”, and “#DeltaAmexBlue” will be void. Entries must contain all information requested and comply with all Entry Requirements set forth herein and below to be eligible. In order for your Entry to be eligible, your Twitter profile must be “public” and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. Entrant must be following both @Delta and @AmericanExpress on Twitter.
Entrant must comply with Twitter Terms of Service at https://twitter.com/tos. You can create a Twitter account at no cost. Entrants may not enter with multiple Twitter accounts. Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or requirements listed herein. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Should multiple users of the same Twitter account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter, Inc. or other organization which is responsible for assigning Twitter accounts or the domain associated with the submitted account. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
All Contest Entries submitted must comply with the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible:
- Content must be in English.
- Content must comply with these Official Rules, any Terms of Service on the Sponsor website;
- Content must comply with the posting requirements on Twitter and Instagram;
- Content must not use indecent or obscene material or language;
- Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), and cannot promote or portray any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content cannot be offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging, libelous, or misleading remarks, comments, or material about the Contest Entities or their respective products and/or services, or about any other people, products or companies;
- Content cannot infringe on or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party and cannot contain any personal identification such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, other than entrant’s;
- Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission, to the extent permission is necessary (Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant, except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor, is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Therefore, do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor);
- Content shall not include any background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant (any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein);
- Content cannot be abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification (which includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts);
- Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content cannot communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and
- Content must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By submitting an Entry, entrant acknowledges that his/her content may be posted on www.DeltaAmexBlue.com, as authorized by the Sponsor.
Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated Entries will be void. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
5. HOW TO WIN: All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor (“Judges”). The Judges will score each Contest Entry according to the following weighted judging criteria: i. Originality/Creativity (50%) ii. Relevancy to theme of why you and your best friend(s) deserve the ultimate getaway trip to dine your way around Nashville (50%). The one (1) entrant with the highest scores will be deemed to have the potential winning Entries. The winning entry is deemed to be a potential winning Entry pending verification of the entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If there is a tie, the Entry with the highest score in criteria (i) above will prevail. If there is still a tie, the Entry with the highest score in criteria (ii) above will prevail. If there is still a tie, the tied Entries will be rescored by an additional Judge to break the tie. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. All decisions of Judges and Sponsor are final and binding. Judging scores will not be revealed.
The potential winner will be notified through a direct message on Instagram or Twitter and/or a comment on their original Entry on Instagram or by a @mention Twitter. Within twenty-four (24) hours after notification is sent, the potential winner must respond on Instagram or Twitter and follow the directions of the Sponsor in order to accept the prize and become the winner. The potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within five (5) days from the attempted notification. If the potential winner fails to provide the information and/or documentation requested by the date and time stated in any prize notification, the potential winning Entry may be disqualified, the prize forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event a notification is returned as undeliverable, or if either a potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, the Entry will be disqualified, the prize forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Notification is deemed sent when the direct message, comment or @mention is posted by Sponsor. If no eligible winner can be identified after reasonable attempts, prize may not be awarded.
6. PRIZE (1): The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the winners as a result of this Contest and any prize won are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) or cash redemptions permitted by winners. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Prize dates must be mutually agreed upon by Sponsor and Winner; however travel and all elements of trip must be completed before December 31, 2017. Prizes include:
- Domestic, roundtrip Main Cabin class travel on Delta Air Lines to BNA for winner and three (3) guests from the major metropolitan airport nearest winner’s primary residence in the US. Travel dates: Travel must be completed before December 31, 2017.
- Four (4) night Airbnb stay for winner and three (3) guests to be awarded in the form of a $2500 coupon code
- Six (6) dining experiences for winner and three (3) guests at select restaurants in Nashville (exact restaurants to be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability) Each dining experience valued at $500 for a total of $3,000
- Ground transportation provided in the form of $400 Lyft credits for the trip for the winner to use towards airport transportation and transportation in Nashville.
- Four (4) Away luggage pieces in Blue for winner
All elements of the prize will be subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $8,000. If the Prize is less than $8,000, the winner will not receive the difference. One (1) Prize will be available in the Contest.
Air travel will be awarded in the form of miles in the SkyMiles Program and booked for the winner by Delta Air Lines. Delta’s fare rules, Contract of Carriage, and taxes and fees will apply to all air transportation.
Each guest of the winner must be 21 years of age or older and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to booking travel. Any and all airport transfers, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Travel must take place on the designated dates and is subject to schedule and availability. Alternative travel dates will not be provided. If the Sponsor and winner are unable to agree on dates of travel, the prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to an alternate winner at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winner and three (3) guests must travel together on same itinerary. Winner and guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. If travel delays, cancellations or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, including the meet and greet, Contest Entities are not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winners at the time of notification. Winner and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Contest Entities have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If, for any reason, any part of the trip package is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize and the prize will be awarded without the inclusion of the item on the same itinerary. Any provided experiences are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, and details are as solely determined by Sponsor. Winner and guests must comply with all experience venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Airbnb, Inc. coupon code entitles you to get up to $2,500 off of one Airbnb booking. You must complete a booking and stay using the code before December 31, 2017. Valid for a single use and non-transferable or redeemable for cash. The Airbnb Terms of Service apply.
To use the Lyft credits a user must already have or download and install the Lyft app and take a ride during the period of validity for the Lyft credits. Lyft credits will expire at midnight on the final day (departure day) of the trip or on December 31, 2017, whichever occurs first. Lyft credits are valid for Lyft users 18 years of age and older only. Lyft credits can only be used on the Lyft platform and are not redeemable for cash. The Lyft credits are non-transferable and cannot be combined with other offers. All tips are the customer’s responsibility. Any charges exceeding the Lyft credit value for the rides will be applied to customer’s personal payment method. Lyft not available in all locations. Not available in Puerto Rico. By using the Lyft credits, you agree to Lyft’s Terms of Service (https://www.lyft.com/terms).
7. RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrant warrants and represents: (a) he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry, including all rights therein, and that the Entry has not been entered in any previous contests or competitions; (b) entrant has the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the Entry and to grant the Sponsor the rights to the Entry, including but not limited to the worldwide copyright; (c) no part of the Entry has been published or distributed; and (d) no rights in the Entry have been previously granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry at any time in the event it is determined that the Entry is offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or if it is determined that the entrant has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules.
By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, release and hold the Contest Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) harmless from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and legal costs) arising out of or related to (a) entrant’s participation in the Contest, (b) entrant's participation in any Prize-related activities (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s)), and (c) any claims of infringement related to the Contest Entities’ use of the Entry submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest. The Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Contest or use or redemption of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or inaccurate Entries, posts, Tweets, direct messages or email, nor for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest- related materials. Proof of online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest. If cancelled, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of cancellation using the judging procedure set forth herein or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. False or deceptive Entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
Each entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between entrant and Sponsor is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that entrant’s decision to submit his/her Entry to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest does not place Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of entrant’s Submission.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS TO ENTRIES: By entering this Contest, entrants give Contest Entities and their respective designees, successors, licensees and assigns a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, broadcast, edit, modify, create derivative works from, display, and otherwise exploit the Entry (and all rights embodied therein), along with entrant’s name, likeness, Instagram or Twitter username, biographical information and photograph (including, without limitation, Instagram or Twitter profile photo), in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose, in any manner (including, without limitation, on website and social media pages of Sponsor), including without limitation for commercial, promotional or marketing purposes, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, you. Contest Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials.
By entering this Contest, entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may receive many Entries under this Contest and that such Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under the terms of this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or sponsored by Sponsor, and waive any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Entries and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by other entrants and/or Sponsor (or their designees) may be similar to entrant’s Entry. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not, nor shall have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to entrant’s Entry.
9. PUBLICITY GRANT: The winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Contest Entities and their respective designees to use his/her name, social media username, address (city and state), photograph (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice, review, approval or compensation.
10. DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any Contest entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Georgia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Georgia. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder, they consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, USA. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
By participating in the Contest, entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Entrants agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE CONTEST ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. OFFICIAL RULES AND CONTEST RESULTS: To request a copy of the Official Rules or the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Delta Air Lines, Inc., Taste of Travel with #DeltaAmexBlue Contest – Official Rules/Results, 1030 Delta Blvd, Dept. 744, Atlanta, GA 30354. Requests for copies of the Official Rules must be received by 5:00 p.m. on September 29, 2017. In addition, the Winners’ names will be made available, upon request, no later than October 31, 2017.
SPONSOR: Delta Air Lines, Inc., 1030 Delta Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30354 (“Delta Air Lines, Inc.”, “Sponsor” or the “Company”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Delta Air Lines, and not to Instagram or Twitter.